Economy Specialist (m/f)
Based in beautiful Hamburg, media and gaming city, the multinational Whow team of 25 will bring the thrill and excitement of Vegas to everyone’s device. We at Whow Games aspire to be Europe´s leading online social casino platform by developing outstanding free-to-play casino games on solid platforms allowing our players to play anytime, anywhere, and on any device. You will get the chance to be part of a fast-growing and game-changing company in the field of social casino.
We are looking for a Game Economy & Balancing Specialist who is willing to join our game-changer-team at an early stage and assemble a new and trustful social casino experience. You will be responsible for the whole economy of our games and their respective payouts in order to increase the entertainment value for the players.
You will work together with all departments to create the best possible product.
- Play, test and balance all areas of our social casino games integrated in a wide variety of social casino portals, in line with the vision and direction as set by the Product and Design Team
- Play and suggest appropriate changes to games currently in development and prototyping
- Secure a well balanced proportion between free to play and the necessity of buying virtual currency
- Secure the game level of availability for the user and prolong entertainment of playing different games
Your profile and skills
- Experience and knowledge in designing and playing online free to play games or comparable experience
- Good understanding on the latest social/browser game mechanism
- Enthusiasm and good knowledge for online and casino games
- Excellent communication skills in order to communicate ideas clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively communicate with Game Development, Product Analysis and Payment team, to solve problems and optimize the experience and entertainment curve quickly
- An analytical, precise, independent, responsible and highly organized way of working, and a creative approach to engage and solving challenges
- University degree: Bachelor’s degree of visual design, computer programming, human/computer interaction, media studies, ludology (games study) or computer game development (optional)
- Work experience: 1-3 years related job experience in the interactive entertainment industry or similar experience
- Willingness to be part of our game-changer team and ability to work with speed on ongoing projects and to learn new technologies quickly
- Confidence in dealing with a heated atmosphere and challenging situations based on your excellent team player qualities
- Fluency in both German and English
GAMING CITY HAMBURG
- Office in the heart of the city
- Highly dynamic and motivated international team of 25 greatly skilled engineers, designers and hungry entrepreneur team
- A positive working atmosphere with motivated colleagues
- Teamwork, quick decisions, flat company hierarchy and possibilities to grow and supply your own ideas
- Regular cool team activities (e.g. Poker Event, Las Vegas Trip)
EVERYTHING YOU NEED
- Your own choice of hardware and OS
- Fair compensation
- Flexible and fair working hours and conditions
- Long-term perspective
- The opportunity to be part of a game-changer team
- Challenging, fast-paced and engaging environments
- Possibility to stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
After a successful probation period with us, we will fly you to Las Vegas for a weekend to experience the "Gambling Capital of the World" for yourself! Ready to put your web developing talents to the test?
Please contact Inna Plachotny, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Economy Specialist”, examples of your work, resume, and a brief write-up of why you are interested in this position and a good fit for Whow Games. Please include brief descriptions of your role on specific projects.