Front-end Engineer “portal life-giver” (m/f)
Based in beautiful Hamburg, media and gaming city, the multinational Whow team of 25 will bring the thrill and excitement of Vegas to everyone’s device. We at Whow Games aspire to be Europe´s leading online social casino platform by developing outstanding free-to-play casino games on solid platforms allowing our players to play anytime, anywhere, and on any device. You will get the chance to be part of a fast-growing and game-changing company in the field of social casino.
We are looking for a Front-end Engineer who is willing to join our game- changer-team at an early stage and assemble a new and trustful social casino experience. Now it's time to put these digital creations into motion and make them shine. You will be our “portal life-giver” and helping to shape our product as part of a rapidly growing disruptive company (mobile and desktop).
Are you passionate about HTML5, SASS, and Javacsript? Do you enjoy building sites that shine and load ridiculously fast? YOU are our man!
- Working with an awesome creative and developer team to ensure features are delivered to a high standard
- Manage time across multiple projects and tasks in a deadline- driven, team environment
- Test features for usability across different browsers and mobile devices
- Be constantly looking for ways to make improvements, and promote usability best practices
- Interpreting and executing designs correctly
- Participate in discussions with clients and team members about technical best practices, and help teams identify optimal technical solutions
- Work hand in hand with back-end developers in coding and troubleshooting
Your profile and skills
You are the ideal candidate if you bring
- Knowledge of SASS, JQuery, AngularJS libraries
- Minimum 2+ years in a front-end development position, in the interactive entertainment industry (preferred)
- Willingness to be part of our game-changer team and ability to work with speed on ongoing projects
- Ability to effectively communicate with the creative team and clients, to solve problems and adapt quickly to new web design and application trends
- Good knowledge on games and social casino games
- An independent, responsible and highly organized way of working, and a creative approach to engage and solving challenges
- Confidence in dealing with a heated atmosphere and challenging situations based on your excellent team player qualities
- Fluency in both German and English
GAMING CITY HAMBURG
- Office in the heart of the city
- Highly dynamic and motivated international team of 25 greatly skilled engineers, designers and hungry entrepreneur team
- A positive working atmosphere with motivated colleagues
- Teamwork, quick decisions, flat company hierarchy and possibilities to grow and supply your own ideas
- Regular cool team activities (e.g. Poker Event, Las Vegas Trip)
EVERYTHING YOU NEED
- Your own choice of hardware and OS
- Fair compensation
- Flexible and fair working hours and conditions
- Long-term perspective
- The opportunity to be part of a game-changer team
- Challenging, fast-paced and engaging environments
- Possibility to stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
After a successful probation period with us, we will fly you to Las Vegas for a weekend to experience the "Gambling Capital of the World" for yourself! Ready to put your web developing talents to the test?
Please contact Inna Plachotny, email@example.com with the subject “Front end Engineer”, examples of your work, resume, and a brief write-up of why you are interested in this position and a good fit for Whow Games. Please include brief descriptions of your role on specific projects.